Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jen's Christmas Party

Jen's Christmas Party seems to get better each year! Good food, great friends and guaranteed laughs! The white elephant gift exchange gets more creative every year and I find myself looking forward to seeing what people came up with.


Last year, someone brought a huge doll that looked like a street walker! Our friends, the Madsens, ended up with it.
The night before we left on our Hawaiian cruise, "Natalie" was left on our doorstep with a funny little note about bringing her along.

We like to think we have a good sense of humor...






And to help Jason get over his fear of "little people", he got to be Natalie's escort! I'm sure people thought we were nuts! We were somewhere between embarrassed and thinking the whole thing was hilarious! We had some good laughs.
We ditched the fish net stocking, let her hair down, gave her a shell necklace, and packaged her back up for the white elephant gift exchange this year. She came with a photo album of her trip and instructions to take her along on their next trip or outing and add to the album.Rod was the lucky winner!

Jason saying good bye
Jason opened a crab this year! You should have seen him jump!
The Edward cut out was a hit! All the ladies wanted it!

Shelley ended up with a New Year's pack that had silly string. Jen LOVES a clean house almost to the point where it is an obsession. So, Shelley having the fun sense of humor that she does, got into a silly sting fight in the living room!
Jen, being the good sport that she is, played along... I think she won too!

It was such a fun night and left us all with smiles on our faces
and good memories with our friends. I can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

justjen said...

Okay sista, I am posting on this today too!! I will send folks here to hear about our traveling partner Natalie. You said it better than I ever could!! It was a great night!!

where the wildthings grow said...

It will be fun to see where Natalie goes this next year! Hopefully she will send post cards along the way. Keep us posted!

Kimmy & Steve Skarda said...

Natalie is sooooo funny! What a fun idea for a white elephant! Your family is so beautiful I wish we got to see you guys more often!! We will have to try to plan something this year!