Thursday, May 7, 2009

San Francisco

A few weeks ago, Jason had to go to San Francisco for work and wanted me to come with him.
It was in the middle of the week, but we managed to find someone to stay with the kids so we could enjoy a little get away!

It had been really warm at home, so we were in awe of the blanket of fog that set in as we crossed the bridge. It made everything seem cozy and the city lights seem more welcoming.

We stayed in a new, swanky hotel downtown. We felt very posh, posh when we had to use our key card to access one of the top floors where our room was! We grinned at each other and giggled like newlyweds as we walked around the hotel with the staff so eager to assist us. The view from our room was beautiful at night, but of course, I didnt get a picture until morning! The top three floors have access to the private Club Lounge. We felt pretty special as we sat eating our complimentary breakfast in the classy lounge!
When Jason left for work, I slept a little more, lounged around and read my marathon training book, enjoyed the gym at the hotel, and got ready for my day. I remembered how much I love to pamper myself! It was so nice to get ready without Ashlyn sitting on the sink in front of me, playing with my make up brushes or trying to steal my lipstick!
Jason was done at 1pm, so we packed up and went to get some lunch. (I can't believe he can already walk on his leg! He doesn't quite walk with his "Jason swagger", but it's getting stronger everyday!)San Francisco weather is Jason's favorite! The air was crisp with a light breeze, not cold, but not hot either. It always makes him happy!We took turns taking pictures of each other! :-)
We had so much fun! It is amazing how just one night can make you feel totally recharged! I feel so content with my life!

4 comments:

Jenna Harris said...

I went away for two nights all by my lonesome over spring break it was awesome. I'm definitely doing that again.

Nicole said...

Hello, blog stalker! Thanks so VERY much for the way-nicer-than-deserved comment on my blog, and for coming out of hiding! So nice of you to say hello :) Come back anytime!

Oooo, and a lovely getaway in the middle of the week sounds just divine :) Lucky you!

Nicole said...

Oh, and your family is unfairly beautiful! Wow!!

Sara-Lynn said...

How fun to get a little vacation. And yay for swanky hotel & top floor access!